Monday, March 19, 2012

Did somebody say COSTA RICA?!?

I think it hit me yesterday.

In less than two weeks, I'll be on a plane, on my way to my dream vacay spot. We will be leavin' on a jet plane heading to Costa Stickin' Rica, baby!

This is the perk of booking a trip in two months rather than ten months. Less of a delay in that delayed gratification. Shupe and I are one Sactown weekend away from Central American bliss.

Are we ready? Eh, no. Do we have appropriate swimwear/footwear/rainwear? Not so much. But you better believe we are dragging our pre-departure booties to the mall in the next week to check those items off of our "to buy" list.

Heck, I just realized today I probably should actually think about wardrobe decisions. I mean, I have my three go to pairs of shoes, but how realistic is it to take my favorite oh-so-comfy brown (vegan!) boots on a 6 hour (plus 3 hour layover and plane change) plane ride? Not so much.

And what will the Tico's think if this gringa lands in their lovely country looking frumpy/tired/homely/insert-weak-sauce-adjective-here? They may be known for being the friendliest people in the world, but I bet they've caught themselves shaking their heads at unprepared vacationers running for cover in a sudden rainstorm in white linen pants and stilletos. (Don't worry, I don't own white linen pants, so we're safe.)

But here we are, t-minus ten days and counting. Time to get on it.

Oh, and did I mention the biggest eek of the whole thing?

It's the moment of truth. . . . . . . . . . . .

Swimsuit shopping. (Everyone please let out a collective uggggg.) But this time, I am assuring myself it will be different. I've been working it at the gym for, eh, maybe ten months or so (where does the time go!?) and I'm thinking this might not be as bad as it has in the past. No matter that it's been five years since I've been in a fitting room with a rack of teeny tiny bikinis. No matter that instead of a 24 year old in the dressing room, it will be a almost-30-year old in there. Do they make special fitting rooms with darker lighting and maybe a courage cocktail for those of us on the waining end of their 20's?

Ok, ok, just kidding. I don't think it will be that bad, but let's just say I saved one of the good bottles of wine just in case things go south at the Galleria.

But if the worst thing that happens is I run into some bad dressing room lighting, I guess I can handle it. Worst comes to worse, Shupe and I will stick with the rainforest and save the beach time for next trip.

Nah.

Those kettle bell swings, trx lunges, tire flips, prowler pulls/pushes, (attempted) pull ups and the like have me convinced it won't be that bad.

If you don't see posts for a while, it's because I've taken to wearing my swimsuit everyday and now I'm out of work but looking really tan from plenty of off time spent sunbathing in my backyard.

Vamanos a Costa Rica, ahora!

No comments:

Post a Comment