Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What a difference a year makes...

I am excited to share with you all our big anniversary today...

One year ago today, I put an offer in on the Discoball Speakeasy! Only six short months after that, I had keys in my hands! And only two and a half months after that we actually moved in! It has been a long road, but I couldn't be happier with how it (eventually) turned out. I love my house. It is a shining star in my life. And I am so proud of the work that Shupasaurus and I (and our band of awesome helpers) have put into it.

As a special bonus, we had family come into town this weekend (for Mama Irvine's Big Six Oh! Birthday Bash) and get to see my house. These are the family that don't make it up to Sac often, so it was so exciting to show off my house to them and have them see, in real life, the work that we have done.

I thought, since this blog was started to share with you the trials and tribulations of homeownership, in honor of the occasion, I would show you loyal blog readers some of the before and afters of the shack. Brace yourself, you might not believe some of these...

And CHEERS TO CHANGE! Here's to moving forward and having a blast growing up.

















1 comment: