Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Shoulda Read the Fine Print...

Well everyone, we have almost had our first week of living at the new pad... FINALLY!! I cannot tell you how amazingly awesome it is to have a home... Of my own... To go home to everyday. I am just pleased as punch.

Of course, in the first week of staying at the new house, we have had some big F-U-N! I thought this little gem was worth sharing:

So, on Saturday afternoon, I was lucky enough to have some of the Shupe family (sister-in-law Shupe and 2 Shupe nieces) come over and visit, along with a lovely friend of mine and her 4 month old daughter. I gave them the guided tour (all 2 minutes of it), pulled up some chairs and cracked open a little vino (for the grownups, not the kids, of course). Here was the beginning to a lovely first Saturday afternoon lazing away with fabulous friends and great wine.

After a few minutes, a bit out of character, I grabbed little baby Lily (one of the world's cutest babies, by far) and proceeded to play baby handler. (That's what it's called, right?)

Here I am, chatting away with my gals, holding my four month old bundle of cuteness and watching the two nieces (5 and 7) run around playing with Shupasaurus, breaking in the new house with giggles and smiles.

(Let me interject a little background information here... I am one of the founding members of "No Kids Anonymous."
Me: "I'm Chelsea and there are no kids in my future.Period."
NKA Members: "Hello, Chelsea."
Kids have never been my thing. I get nervous, I don't know what to say, sometimes I even start stuttering and lose my words. I can't strap in a car seat and I'm pretty sure I could count on one hand the diapers I've changed in my life. I have a standing rule that I will not hold babies until they are able to write their name in cursive and get me a beer. That's just a little about me and kids.)

Back to the story...

After a while, the kiddos say that they see someone pull up in front of the house. Hmm... I didn't realize I was expecting more guests, although I have invited everyone and their brother over, practically.

So, I get up and walk outside, holding my bundle of cheeks, tailed by the two nieces, only to find my lovely coworker and her friend walking towards the shack from their car.

Here I am, "No Kids Chelsea," holding a months-old baby, being followed by two children under ten years old.

Apparently this house came with a litter of children and a brand new outlook on family life. I guess I should have read the fine print on my loan documents a little closer. ;)





2 comments:

  1. You're getting soft. I said those same words once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful Chelsea, it is a short jump from 4 legged kids to 2 legged ones! LOL

    ReplyDelete