Friday, May 21, 2010

TORTURE!

Now, let me preface this little rant with the fact that I have been thinking this for MONTHS, without saying anything. Unlike some of my dear friends, I try my best not to use Facebook and other online avenues as my own personal complaint filing cabinet or therapist or something. But, figuring the minuscule number of people that might actually read this, I figured I could share.
Here goes...
Everyday, on my way to work, I drive by my perspective new house. Now, obviously that means that one of the lovely traits about the house is that it is smack dab in the middle of about 4 freeway interchanges. If it were any closer to the freeway, I would have to pay car registration for the place rather than property taxes. It's that close. Looking on the bright side, it will be easy to get everywhere, since I walk out of my front door and say hello to 50, 80, 99 and 5. Want to go to LA? Done. Want to go to Tahoe? Done. Want to go to Wyoming? Come over and I'll show you the way!
See, convenience?
Anywho... So I drive down Hwy 50 every day on my way to work. Usually I am stoked on my way to work because I am fortunate enough to have a job I love and work with people who I actually like spending my days with. (Most of the time.) I consider myself quite lucky in this.
However, these days, as I wait patiently for Said Bank #1 to deny my plea for help paying Homeowner Schmuck's delinquent SMUD lien, I drive by this house with furrowed eyebrows. This process was started almost 5 months ago and I have yet to see a "Sale Pending" sign put up at the place. Now, I know that short sales often fall through, but I would like to tell the selling realtor that even just that little sign would give me a little piece of mind. Come on, woman, work with me here!
So everyday, like clockwork, I drive by the place and see it sitting there, getting older and more lonely by the day. Sometimes I try to block it from my mind by blaring a little Jamiroquai or Stevie Ray. But no matter what I try, my eyes always wander to my little shack by the road. (Don't worry, mom, I still watch where I'm going... Usually.) Today I even found myself listening to Aaron Neville love ballads on my way to work, singing about his yearning for that missing girl, and I could almost commiserate with that feeling of longing for "the one." Although I'm sure Aaron Neville's "one" would put my "one" to shame.
So, here's to another month of lonely drives to work. Although, I guess I should be thankful because all of this has really made me desire to take the light rail more than ever. What are a few unsolicited advances from homeless people compared to having to see my long lost (and seemingly unattainable) friend everyday on the way to work?
Here's a status update for you: Said Bank #2 has declined our pleas to help pay for part of the SMUD lien. (Hey, can't really blame 'em... They are getting $3k in the deal, rather than the $80k that is owed.) So, now we wait for Said Bank #1 to decline our pleas, then we suck it up and get rolling on the appraisal (and finding someone in need of a kidney, to whom I will sell one of mine).
Cheers and Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment